Monday, September 27, 2010

the circus

I was so excited to surprise McKenna with tickets to the circus! I hadn't been in well over 15 years and she'd never been. I can still remember going to Barnum and Bailey's with my cousin Tommy when we were little. I even still have one of the cups I got a snocone in all those years ago. Come to think of it, I should probably through that away. So, all I told Kenna was that Grandma and I were taking her for a fun surprise. She kept trying to guess..."Are you taking me to Dagoon?(Lagoon)", "the big mountain(Kennecott)", "You're sure you're not taking me to Dagoon?". She was so excited when I finally told her we were going to the circus. She was even more excited after I explained to her what the circus is.
So we got there early and were able to see some of the acts up close and try on some of the performers clothes. My mom bought McKenna a toy, a light up thing with elephants. My mom was a little put out that Kenna didn't pick the cute stuffed tigers. She ended up trading it in at the end of the night for a stuffed elephant mommy and baby combo, which seemed to be OK with my mom. I offered to buy drinks since my mom had bought Kenna the toy and taken us out to eat before the show. Two lemonades and a snocone later I was out 30 bucks. That's just how I roll. My mom evened up the score by buying $12 cotton candy and some popcorn. Kenna enjoyed the circus, I did too. It's amazing to watch how strong the performers are. It's almost mind boggling. All said and done, I'd be OK with not going to the circus for at least another 5 years. Just sayin.










 
 This was Kenna favorite part.
 So crazy strong!
 She was hanging by her hair. She probably uses Pantene Pro-V.
 He was lifting over a ton, or so they say.
 This was so cool! They had 7 motorcyclists in there.







The End.

No comments: