Wednesday, August 18, 2010

the best road trip ever!

    So the Saturday after I got out of school my friend Stacie, Kenna and I packed my car to the gills and took off for a week long vacation up to Oregon! We had our first stop in Burley, Idaho where we ate lunch next to the Snake River. We had dinner in Pendelton, Oregon at Denny's and played at a park then we drove to Boardman, Oregon and stayed there for the night in a pretty dumpy little motel called the Riverview motel that had no view of the Columbia River.

    Sunday we stopped and played in the Columbia River, then we went to Multnomah Falls, which is beautiful! Then we drove to the coast so we could camp with my birth mom Angela and her fambam (my brothers, sisters, cousins, aunt and grandparents). We got there about 6 pm, set up camp, and enjoyed spending time with family.

     On Monday we got up and got ready and headed out for Long beach, Washington. We went to Marshes free museum, ate lunch at Doogers and had a fun time. We then drove to Seaside, Oregon where we went to the Carousel Mall. Kenna rode on the Carousel and we all got some sweet sweatshirts. Then we went looking for the bumper cars and when we found they we realized they were closed til 7 pm so we decided to hit up the beach, went to the aquarium and then went on the tilt-a-whirl, ate a corn dog, went on the bumper cars and then ended the day with an ice cream from DQ. Then we went back to camp and made S'mores!

     Tuesday we went to most favorite place in the whole world...CANNON BEACH, OREGON! I used to go up there with my family every other August and stayed in a beach house with my grandparents. So we stopped by the old beach house and I took a pic, went down and saw Haystack rock, then we went to the quilt shop so I could pick something up for my momma, and right across the street there was a farmer's market so we had a little look see and bought some blackberries. Then we went to JP's for lunch, walked around main street and looked in some of the shops. I had to stop and get some crab and shrimp from my favorite place, Ecola Seafood. It was delish! Then we headed over to Ecola state park and Indian Beach. It was beautiful and the sun even came out! Kenna found out she enjoys poking the poor little sea urchins and we even found some starfish there! Then we meet up with Angela and her family at Fort Stevens Beach for a bonfire, it was cold!

    Wednesday, we went back to the Fort Stevens Beach where the wreck of the Peter Iredale is and played in the water, built a sand castle and had fun flying a kite. Then we had lunch in Seaside and drove to Beaverton, Oregon where we stayed at Wanda and Elbert's house (Angela's parents). We just had a nice relaxing night.

     Thursday we went to the Portland Zoo with Angela and her family. That is such a cool zoo! It was a hot day and we went swimming in Angela's pool afterwards. Then the grown ups went out to eat at Mongolian Grill. (YUMMM!)

     Friday we went out to lunch with my paternal grandparents Jim and Elaine and then went swimming at my aunt Val's pool and I got to see my cousin Kelsey. Night time was girls night! We went shopping at Washington Square mall and ate dinner at Red Robin in Sherwood with my Aunt Julie. 

    Saturday we packed up the car and headed home. We made it to Boise that night and stayed in a nice Marriott hotel...Thank goodness Stace had an employee discount! We went swimming and then on Sunday we made it home!

We had so much fun and I'm so glad we went! I'm even happier that Stacie went with us, BEST co-pilot ever! I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with my family! The more family, the better!!!

    So I took well over 1000's pics, so I'm just gonna try and put my very favorite ones!



 
I LOVE OREGON!!!

2 comments:

The Sweets said...

I love all your pictures! It sounds like such a fun trip! McKenna is so cute, and you look so pretty! Was McKenna good for all that time in the car? If so, that is awesome!

Kenna, Sulli and Mommy said...

Thanks Shelley! She did pretty well, she kind of started falling apart at the end...and so did I! lol But I was pretty impressed with her!