Sunday, April 10, 2011

oh yeah...i forgot

I forgot I was going to start being a better blogger. So maybe I'll just give ya a light weight update of what happened the last little while with us.

*Disneyland was a HUGE success again! I decided I would tell McKenna the day before we left and I kinda wish I would have just waited cause sheesh! Girl was uber excited (I was too, but I didn't voice it as well or as much as she did). After the third day all three of us were done! It was so nice to know that we had time to do what we wanted and not feel rushed since we had only been 4 months ago. I thought up until about a week ago that I would be more then fine with not going back to Disneyland for at least 2 or 3 years. I changed my mind. I wanna go again! Stinkin Disneyland! After we got back Kenna was all about packing her bags for the next time we go, even though I repeatedly told her it wouldn't be for at least 3 years. She didn't care. Luckily, she's not really into that anymore. =)



* Kenna is so excited to start Kindergarten! She LOVES school! She loves to color and draw and she actually is pretty dang good if I do say so myself. =) I am struggling with this stinkin semester. BLAH! I just want it to be done already I am so overly burnt out and I am looking forward to taking the next 2 semesters off! Since this semester is almost done, that means Kenna only has 3 weeks left of "paycare". She always complains and says she doesn't want to go, but I know that she loves it. She has lots of cute little friends, she learns a lot (i.e. sign language and a little french), she get to "do work", and as it warms up she gets to go and play in Nedege's (her paycare provider) backyard. I am so looking forward to Summer and getting the pool up and getting way more sun the I probably should. I'm also wanting to start up a little etsy account for the cute little hair accessories that I enjoy making.




* This past weekend we got to go down to the Ephraim/Manti area with our friends the Hafoka's to visit Shelli's cute little sister Tiff, who is graduating from college in about 3 weeks! (Why did I not freakin finish school when I should have! BAH!) We had a lot of fun we stayed the night in an old Little motel in Manti. It snowed while we were there. We got to walk around the Manti temple with kids and they got to see a princess that was getting married. Kenna thought she looked like Giselle from Enchanted. So she was dubbed "Giselle". On the way home we dropped of Mckenna to spend her first unsupervised sleepover with her dad because his birthday in the 11th. He loved it. I hated it. I missed her so crazy bad! =( I am so happy to have my baby girl home and I'm glad that he took very good care of her.








* I'm hoping we can take at least a couple of fun little vacations in the next little while. We're planning a little Peterson family trip down to St. George for a couple of days within the next month or so. I hope we can spend a day in Vegas. I haven't been there forever and I think Kenna would love to see it. I'm hoping we'll be able to make it up to Oregon again this year. We LOVE it up there!!! I would also like to try and make our way over to Yellow Stone.









* So this April 11th would have marked my Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's 60th wedding anniversary. Ten years ago for their 50th anniversary they took the whole family to stay at a beach house in Cannon Beach, Oregon, I have so many fond memories from that trip! I cannot believe that my sweet little grandma has been gone for a little over a year now. Every now and then when I'm over cleaning my grandpa's house I'll see something out of the corner of my eye or smell something that reminds me of her and I lose it. I am so grateful that I get the opportunity for Kenna and myself to go eat lunch and spend some time with my cute little grandpa once a week. He is sooo cute with her and he tries sooo hard to stay awake when they watch movies together. Maybe if they weren't all princess themed movies he'd be able to stay awake a little longer.


 Well I think that's about it. I'll try and blog more frequently!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AH YEEE!!! Back to blogging, I like it!! Way to go, keep it up, in return I will try and do better..

Unknown said...

That's right this is Jay Lawrence. Believe that!

Kenna, Sulli and Mommy said...

lol

It's a ME! Stacie! said...

OH that jay always commenting. Yay for Blogs! Seriously, way TO blog. That must have taken a long time and I want you to know that I recognize and acknowledge the time and preparation that went into this post and who are we kidding(not ourselves thats for sure)it payed off. Thats right, I love LOVE run on sentences. Or maybe I'm just Ty Corbin, you know head coach for the Utah Jazz. Thats right, I feel he never pauses not commas no nothing. ANywho.... Good speed and goodnight.