Tuesday, March 16, 2010

my sweet grandma


This morning my sweet grandma Joan Lewis Peterson passed away. She put up a hard fought battle with breast, lymph and liver cancer for over two years. Through it all my sweet little grandpa was with her, every step of the way. They love they have for eachother is almost unreal. I am so grateful for being able to have such a wonderful relationship with my grandma all throughout my life. What a blessing she has been to me and my family! She was absolutely crazy about McKenna and McKenna was absolutely crazy about her. My sweet grandma was with me when I delivered Kenna and she loved being able to tell everybody she could that she cut McKenna's umbilical cord. My grandma was born in 1931, making her almost 79 and would have been married to my grandpa 59 years this April 11th. I have so many wonderful memories of my grandma and I love her with all of my heart!

My Grandpa, Kenna and my Grandma at  the Peterson family Christmas party Dec. 2009
Kenna and Grandma at Kennas birthday party 2009
Me and my Grandma on the 4th of July 2009
My Momma and Grandma Father's day 2009
Mother's Day 2009

Our family on Christmas 2009
Christmas Eve 2009
                                                                        Peterson Party

3 comments:

The Hafoka Family said...

What a sweet Post! She was seriously the best grandma ever! You are a lucky girl to have her as your grandma!

Megan said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Please give my love to your mom. My thoughts are with you all at this difficult time.

Kenna, Sulli and Mommy said...

Thanks you guys!